"...Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise" --Alma 37:6

Monday, September 12, 2011

Family

For my first official post about family, I want to say that family is very important to me. One cannot go through life alone. A family is a safety net. It's a place where everybody knows your name and no matter what you do, they will always love you. I believe with all my heart that families are forever. The family bond is not broken by death. This world is tearing the family apart and it breaks my heart. My own family is not immune to the new world vision that the world doesn't need families. The new world view is that it's every man, (or woman) for themselves. The world seems to believe that we can make it on our own and that we don't need anybody else.
I say this bluntly, and from experience, we cannot do things on our own. We can stick up our chin and and suck it up, but at the end of the day, we need our family. We need them to validate our choices. We need them to tell us when we were wrong, and give us advice on what to do to fix it. We need them to remind us that we are not alone, that yes life is really hard but that it's all worth it. To me it's no question: Families are forever and I thank my Heavenly Father for it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jessica!! you are so amazing and i am so lucky to have you as my friend!

    ReplyDelete