"...Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise" --Alma 37:6

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sexual Intimacy

My previous disclaimer, placed at the beginning of my post discussing homosexuality, still applies to this post and any post on my blog.

In this post I wish to discuss sexual intimacy. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I believe that sexual intercourse is something very sacred and should be reserved for marriage.

The worldly belief is that sex is just sex and that it doesn't matter whether you are married or simply dating. Sex isn't just sex. It is the sacred power of procreation. God has given us His most sacred and important power: the power to create life.

Such power should not be taken lightly. It is the greatest power God has given us. To be given such a responsibility evokes in me such feelings of gratitude. I cannot fully express my emotions.

The Family: A Proclamation to the World speaks more eloquently than I ever could. I urge you to read it and ponder and pray about what it says.

The power to create life,...wow...I feel so blessed and loved just knowing that the Lord is trusting me with such power and trusting me to take great care of His children here on Earth.

Many use the phrase, "It's my life". That's true to an extent. It's true it's your life, but what you do with that life doesn't just affect you. It affects all those around you and the future generation. Be responsible. Live your life right and keep that which is sacred, sacred.

No comments:

Post a Comment