"...Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise" --Alma 37:6

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Life So Far

Hey My Readers:

I know that I said that I wasn't going to post anymore,....but I accidentally lied. I wasn't planning on posting again, but something draws me back. Maybe, it's the realization that life can really suck sometimes and posting about it somehow makes it easier. I called my mom the other day and declared that I no longer wanted to grow up. I was going to the Post Office and changing my mailing address to:

24 Secret Tree House
Neverland, Universe

Would running away to Neverland really solve all my problems? Not really, but it felt good to say it. When you are job hunting in two different cities for two different points in time you begin to feel like you are a rift in time, or stuck between dimensions. You are neither here nor there, and can't be seen in either location. You are an enigma, an unexplained phenomena that scares the local kids on Halloween.

Yet, through the dark mist that seems to encircle me, there is a voice, still and soft, calling me by name. It gently breaks through the mist and surrounds me with warmth. The voice tells me that I am a child of God and He loves me. It reassures me and reminds me of my divine nature and destiny. That warmth comes every  Sunday when I go to church. It helps me get through the week until I can come again to church the following Sunday and get a fresh reminder for the next week.

What is my point in writing this post? Simply to remind all of my followers that even if life just isn't going according to plan, and seems to be unraveling at your feet, it's not the end. Don't give up. If you are feeling truly depressed talk to me. Most of you are friends with me on Facebook, so message me. I have two great listening ears, when they are used together. If we aren't friends on Facebook, send me a message through the blog and we can talk that way.

I want to make a final note: I am a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it.


2 comments:

  1. Cute blog, I will definitely be keeping up with you more. :)

    I completely agree with you, Jessica. I'm so glad that you're hanging on and keeping at it. Sometimes that's the best way to do it, just going at life one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! just wanted to say, sometimes it helps me to blog about my life. that is why i've had mine for 4 years. even though my posts are kinda sporadic, its kinda like writing in a journal you haven't written in for a while. very therapeutic. i'll definitely keep checking back in!

    ReplyDelete