"...Behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise" --Alma 37:6

Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Future Path

As I lay here trying to decide what to write about several thoughts flurry through my mind. It has been a long time since I have posted anything new to this site and I feel as though I have neglected a crucial part of myself. It almost as if my writing strength has depleted due to neglect and forgetfulness.

No more neglect. I hope to resurrect this blog and continue to convey emotions and sentiments to those who are avid followers and readers, and to those who come across this blog. 

I do not currently have a specific topic in mind. In fact, I have several things running through my head right now and cannot seem to get them to become coherent trains of thought. When my thoughts do finally align and form into a consistent thought or random moment of wisdom I will be sure to write it down and then post it for you to read. 

Until such time I will leave you with this thought: Many fear the future and yet we know nothing of what resides there. We know only that which is here in the present with us and what has happened in the past. We know the good and bad things that man is capable of and our fear stems from the uncertainty of man's choices in either direction. We have our free agency and our fear comes from not knowing how those around us will choose to express their agency. 

It is comforting to find those around us who choose the same path as what God would have us choose. For we then see that on the straight and narrow path we are not alone. When we fall, there are those around us who will grasp our outstretched hands and use their strength to lift us up and carry us until we can stand on our own two feet again. 

But be aware. There are those who seek to pull you back down. They don't want to see you get back up. They will do all they can to make you believe that there is no one willing to help you. They block your view so that in times of great need you feel all alone. It is in that moment, when the darkness threatens to close in on you, that you must plunge your hand forward in faith and reach for the hand that is always stretched out for you.

Remember too, that for some YOU will be the outstretched hand. Those around us will endure the same darkness we endure and will need us to help them. They need an understanding hand. Someone to say, "Me too. You're not alone. WE can do this." I believe in forever, and forever is a very long time. Take someone with you. Travel with another. Find that person for whom eternity was meant to be with. 

Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment